Awards & Honors
- Hellen Kim, Manager of Community Relations received two different awards: Community Service Award from Korean American Association of Queens in 2013 and Next Generation Award from Korean American Association of Greater New York in 2014.
- KAFSC received Community Leadership Award from the Beautiful Foundation USA during their 2014 Gala.
- In May 2014, Kwanghee Kim, KAFSC Founder received Queens Impact Awards from Times Ledger newspaper.
- In May 2014, BJ Sung, KAFSC Board Chair honored by NYS Assemblywoman Nily Rozic and by Queens Courier newspaper.
- In March 2012, KAFSC Board Emerita, Aiyoung Choi received an award from New York Comptroller John Liu’s Office in honor of Women’s History Month for her dedication to the improvement of the status of women and leadership for KAFSC (KAFSC’s recommendation).
- In March 2012, Hodori Program Manager, Mi Jung You was one of five 2012 PASEsetter Award recipients from Partnership for After School Education in recognition of her seven years of dedicated service to disadvantaged youth.
- In April 2012, Our Board member and Circle of Friends Co-Founder, Myung Shin Lee received the Volunteers in Service to Asian-American Communities (VISAC) Award from CMP and Ong Family Foundation in recognition of her twenty years of services to KAFSC. A cash award of $500 was given to KAFSC in her honor.
- In May 2012, KAFSC was honored by the NYPD during its Asian Heritage Month event at the New York City Police Museum in recognition of our 23 years of work with victims of crime and survivors of violence in collaboration with NYPD precincts.
- In May 2012, KAFSC Executive Director, Grace Yoon received the Community Leadership Award from City Council member Peter Koo’s office.
- KAFSC’s Hodori After-school Program received a Queens Outreach Partner of the Year award from the Fresh Air Fund in recognition of our efforts in outreach and enrolling underprivileged Korean/Asian American children in their summer camp programs.