Counseling is provided for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and/or due to involvement with ACS/school-related issues. Sessions will be set on a regular weekly or bi-weekly basis depending on the needs of the client and are free of charge.
KAFSC offers a range of counseling services for Korean international students and adults in Manhattan.
We provide bilingual professional help in the following areas:
- Sexual assault and dating violence
- Childhood sexual, physical, and emotional abuse
- Thoughts about death or suicide
- Relationship problems and family issues
KAFSC also offers support groups for survivors of sexual assault. All services are free of charge and confidential. For more information, please call 24-hour hotline at 1-718-460-3800.
We also offer various Support Groups:
- HEAL Group The HEAL Group is for victims of sexual assault (ranging from harassment to abuse). The group’s goal is to provide members with emotional and psychological support and to begin the healing process through sharing their experiences within a safe and confidential environment. The group meets once a week for eight weeks, after the eight sessions are completed, the group meets once a month.
- WISH HAPPY GroupThe WISH HAPPY group is for older divorced women. The group is a safe, confidential group for older divorced women to share their experiences and exchange helpful information. The group allows clients to process their experiences and continue the healing process with others of similar situations. The group meets once a week for eight sessions. After the eight sessions are completed, the group meets once a month.
- WISH HOPE GroupThe WISH HOPE group is for single mothers with young children between the ages 5 to 13. Single Mothers Group assists mothers to support each other in similar situations. Mothers develop their own goals that are addressed through interaction and discussion in terms of managing stress, improving self-esteem and parenting skills, and sharing information about raising children.The group meets once a week for eight sessions. After the eight sessions are completed, the group meets once a month.
- WISH HOPE for ChildrenChildren’s group is for the young children of the single mothers’ who are participants of the WISH HOPE group. The children’s group will be conducted through group activities that utilize creative modes of expression (i.e. educational play, art and music, retreat, Holiday parties). This group will meet at the same time as the HOPE group on a weekly basis for eight weeks. After the eight sessions are completed, the group meets once a month.
Call 718.460.3800 or 718.460.3801 for more information or to set-up an appointment.