Volunteers are integral to our organization’s capacity. From teaching to administrative support, we have specific volunteer opportunities available. Additionally, we welcome any new skills and experiences you can bring to KAFSC!
- 24Hr Hotline Dispatcher
- Complete a 5-week training program to become one of our 24Hr Hotline Dispatcher Volunteers
- Korean & English fluency is required
- With back up support from counseling staff, volunteers answer KAFSC’s 24-hour bilingual hotline during evening hours and weekends and holidays.
- Teacher's Aid for Hodori After-School Program
- Volunteers assist Teachers with children ages 5 to 13 in the Hodori After-School Program and Summer School Program.
- KAFSC provides a community based one-on-one mentoring program, Unni-Hyung Mentoring Program which pairs mentors with Korean-American high school students.
- Mentors are young professionals or graduate students, over 21 years old, who can serve as a positive role-model for youth and assist youth with developing communication, social and leadership skills as well as career guidance.
- Potential mentors are interviewed to match our youth clients’ needs. Common interests, background, and future goals are taken into consideration.
- After careful screening, we will match a mentor with a youth client.
- Legal Clinics
- We are always looking for pro bono lawyers willing to provide free, monthly consultations to our clients.
- Advocacy & Accompaniment
- Bilingual volunteers accompany clients to court to obtain Orders of Protection, child support, child custody, etc.
- KAFSC has ongoing special events throughout the year.
- Keep connected with us through Facebook or subscribe to our newsletter below for any upcoming volunteer opportunities!